On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 12:07:29AM +0100, Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> I still believe that this concept is inherently incompatible with the idea
> of a cooperative community distribution, and that bringing it up again and
> again with minimally changed wording is not a constructive thing to do.
>
> I can see why RHEL has a business case for having such "second-class
> citizen" packages, but this is not how Fedora works or should work.

Well, except, it clearly *does* work that way. We have many
lightly-maintained packages in practice. I think it's better to label them
as such and find positive ways to encourage the collaboration I think we all
agree is best, rather than the current state where we basically just pretend
that everything is maintained with high attention.

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>