Hi Sheng,

"Sheng Mao" <ks8xntk9md...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Fedora developers, will someone be able to take over `fossil`? It is my
> day-to-day source code and configuration management software. It is essential
> to me. I hope it won't get orphaned.
>
> I have made a pull request on Pagure to upgrade fossil to 2.12.1 [1] to
> include a CVE bug fix. In addition, I have worked with Fedora SQLite team to
> add necessary compilation options to support advanced features in fossil [2].
>
> In long term, I will provide in-time update for this package through Pagure's
> pull-request feature. I hope to get recognized as a trustworthy packager and
> become a co-maintainer eventually.

I have recently become a sponsor and could help you out to become a
packager yourself, so that you can "save" fossil. Thus, let me propose a
"deal":
I will take fossil in the meantime and to prevent it from getting
retired and you will learn how to become a full fledged maintainer of
fossil in a agreed upon time frame. Once you're ready, I'll sponsor you
into the packager group and you'll take over fossil as the main
maintainer.
How does that sound to you? I'd be more than happy to help you get
started, although I think that you already have a good grasp what's
going on given the pull request that you shared.

Cheers,

Dan