On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 5:20 PM Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 12:15:07AM +0200, Nikolay Nikolov wrote:
> > there's even less reason to skip it. Which really begs the question,
> > why do we even assume the media test is only useful for DVD and not
> > for USB flash?
>
> I.... gave those reasons in my initial message? Have you experienced a
> specific case where bad USB media caused a corrupt install?

      If by corrupt install you mean the fedora install froze after
USB booted and before it told the install was successful, yes. Like
early this year (so I guess it is too far in the past to be relevant
to this discussion). Interestingly enough I then dd'ed ubuntu -- just
needed to test hardware so any distro with the latest kernel would do
-- in it because I thought it was a hardware incompatibility issue and
it worked well enough to finish my tests.

If you mean install was deemed successful but then it would not work, no.