On Wed, Dec 23, 2020, at 12:04 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:

> Is there even meaningful two-factor authentication support for Git
> pushes, anywhere?  (Not just in the Fedora infrastructure.)

This problem is solved by my plan:
https://github.com/projectatomic/rpmdistro-gitoverlay/blob/master/doc/reworking-fedora-releng.md#unified-source-and-pr-driven-workflow

For example in OpenShift our projects don't allow direct pushes to master, and
merges require review from a second person.  The CI bot takes care of merging,
not humans.

(The 2FA aspect here boils down to web authentication which is well supported)

Even for projects I created upstream and am a project owner, once they reach a
certain point I still try really really hard to get someone else to review and
not just push things to master.