On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 11:29 AM Vitaly Zaitsev via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 31.12.2020 11:50, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > Because it doesn't support traditional BIOS boot, or the boot systems
> > of POWER, Z-series and numerous other corner cases. Just look at the
> > thread about BIOS support from a few months ago to see how
> > controversial even considering that was. If we then move to it just
> > for UEFI based platforms there needs to be a lot of logic to deal with
> > different boot paths.
>
> An option can be added to the Fedora installer to choose between GRUB2
> and systemd-boot for the UEFI configurations. On legacy, this step can
> be automatically skipped.

Of course it could, who do you propose to do that work and support all
the various options and code required? It's easy to say it "works for
me" in your one machine use case, but supporting it acros 1000s of
config options with users that are less capable and don't know what a
boot loader is it hard, it takes a lot of work so people don't end up
with unbootable machines.