On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 11:33 AM Vitaly Zaitsev via devel <
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 18.01.2021 11:29, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > Sounds great. But I don't see those commands neither in F33 nor in
> > Rawhide. Am I looking wrong? Thanks.
>
> You need to install dnf-plugin-system-upgrade package first.

Thanks, Vitaly! This was mighty confusing. First, the recommended approach
by DNF itself doesn't work:

$ sudo dnf offline-distrosync
No such command: offline-distrosync. Please use /usr/bin/dnf --help
It could be a DNF plugin command, try: "dnf install
'dnf-command(offline-distrosync)'"

$ sudo dnf install 'dnf-command(offline-distrosync)'
Last metadata expiration check: 3:48:58 ago on Mon 18 Jan 2021 08:39:43 AM
CET.
No match for argument: dnf-command(offline-distrosync)
Error: Unable to find a match: dnf-command(offline-distrosync)

Second, a man page for dnf-offline-* is missing even if you install the
right plugin, so it's not clear that you have it at all.

And third, why on earth is this bundled with system-upgrade, what is their
relationship? I want to perform "dnf upgrade" (or distrosync) in a safe
manner, and so doing it offline with "dnf offline-upgrade" seems natural.
So it's an offline version of upgrade/distrosync, and it's closer to those
commands than to a system-upgrade command, in my eyes.

Daniel, see above for some tips on improvements, thanks :-)