On 30/03/2021 16:11, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 01:37:48AM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> As I noted in the original email, "I will not speculate that this is any
>> more than a coincidence".  I don't want to make either assumptions or
>> accusations, you do a huge amount of work and everybody here understands
>> that.
>
> Oh come on; this is a well-known rhetorical device, and I'm sure you know
> that as well. You say that you will not "speculate", but then go ahead and
> state the thing that you _would_ speculate, were you to do so, but claim to
> not be doing. Of course, that's not actually any different. If you actually
> do not want to raise an accusation, the way to do it is to not raise that
> accusation.

Given we all know that there was a lot of work going on I feel most
people here appreciate that it is an unlucky coincidence.  I could have
been more careful to keep it at that level.

> This may sound like I am a bit irked, and I'll explain why: you already sent
> me a private mail with a _different_ accusation, and I responded to you then
> that it was not any intentional action at all and likely a side-effect of
> the account system update -- which, as Kevin verifies, is the case. So you
> _really_ have no reason for this speculation.

I'm genuinely sorry that all this negativity is going around and it has
been reflected in the email about this site.

I don't think the negativity starts with any one person on either side.
 The solution often involves investing in the organization and that is a
lot harder when everybody is losing contact with each other due to the
pandemic.

> In any case, please make sure this site follows these trademark guidelines:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines#Community_sites_and_accounts

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll do a basic template some time in the
next few days.

Regards,

Daniel