Tom Stellard wrote:
> This change was never rejected.  It become stalled waiting for the change
> owners to address some feedback from FESCo.  The feedback has been
> addressed now, which is why it was resubmitted.

Ah, then I hereby urge FESCo to finally reject this for real. The mailing
list feedback was overwhelmingly negative last time this was brought up.

It is a distribution choice which compiler produces the best results for the
distribution (best optimization, highest security, etc.). If that compiler
is GCC, then why would we want to build packages with Clang, unless there is
no other way? (Or if Clang is really better, then why do we not build the
whole distribution with Clang? But as far as I know, GCC is still the better
compiler overall, so there is no point in switching.)

        Kevin Kofler