On Mon, 2021-04-19 at 09:27 +0200, Ondrej Dubaj wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 3:30 PM David Cantrell <dcantr...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 11:26:24AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > >Hijacking this thread originally about
> > >https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Autoconf_271
> > >
> > >What is the current thinking in Fedora about always running
> > >"autoreconf -i" during builds that use autotools?
> >
> > I think we are likely to see the least problems for projects that
> > created their configure.ac files using autoscan.  For projects that
> > constructed them manually or in other ways, we'll likely see some
> > fallout.  I would encourage maintainers to work towards fixing
> > these
> > things and contributing them back upstream.  Still, we would need
> > provide a way to disable the autoreconf step for particular
> > problematic packages.
> >
> > Some projects provide their own autotools macros and wrappers
> > around
> > autoreconf.  For example, Xfce either provides or provided xdt-
> > autogen
> > as a wrapper to run autoreconf with the Xfce-specific macros and
> > other
> > defines available.  If it's best to rerun xdt-autogen in these
> > cases,
> > how could we handle that in the spec file so it runs the correct
> > 'autoreconf' command?
> >
> > >The cons of always autoreconfing are that it slows down builds,
> > >sometimes considerably.  It also could fail - I noticed that
> > autoconf
> > >2.71 has several incompatibilities with the most widely used
> > autoconf
> > >(2.69).
> >
> > I think the failures will be the most frustrating part of this
> > rather
> > than the build time.  An FAQ or something of how to fix common
> > failures for 2.71 would be useful for contributors.
> >

> Document with common failures and fixes already exists [1]. Also
> multiple ways of testing are documented in the change proposal [2],
> where the link to the document [1] is present.
>
> Updating autoconf to version 2.71 is a hard process, we are doing our
> best to make it as fluent as possible. There is a copr created for
> testing, bugs in bugzilla created (with link to change proposal) for
> failing components and we are actively moving things forward.
>
> Hopefully it will be enough to make this possible.
>
> [1]
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SAGTJZEF9z_nkHMbXTF-YTTvKRja7ygfOOMzl-DYBSk/edit

I almost missed this precious document, in my opinion it should go to
the fedoraproject wiki pages along [2]
The document covers almost all the problems that I found ....

"if test "$ac_test_CFLAGS" = set" , stopped to work what is the correct
replacement ? "if test -z $CFLAGS; then"
or "if test $ac_test_CFLAGS; then"  this second option was found here
[3]

[3]
https://chromium.googlesource.com/external/github.com/Distrotech/autoconf/+/76754e04fce5f6a7701bec57b057020585df2ae3%5E%21/

--