On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 8:45 PM Kevin Fenzi <ke...@scrye.com> wrote:

> My question would be: Are these automated builds otherwise known working
> and ready for integration testing with the rest of the distribution in
> rawhide?
>
> If they are, we (just) need to fix the bot to not do the wrong thing.
>
> If they are not, then indeed, only those that meet that critera should
> be pushed into rawhide.
>
> ie, it doesn't matter to me if the package version is
> 0.000000000alpha-do-not-use if the maintainer(s) say it works and is
> ready to integrate with the rest of the distribution. One projects
> "0.001-danger" is another projects "10.1" stable. We should trust
> maintainer(s) to know this...

I wouldn't have a problem with this, but looking at those builds apparently
- nobody monitors bodhi updates created for those builds, and
- nobody reads emails for the rhcontainerbot account.

The bodhi updates look very much like "throw this over the wall and
forget it". They are never interacted with.
If gating fails (which happens regularly), they're just stuck in
rawhide's weird "testing" state, until the next update for that
package obsoletes them.
In combination with the bot pushing weird / wrong versions, this
doesn't look too trustworthy to me.

Who is even responsible for the rhcontainerbot account? I looked at
the linked FESCo ticket (this was approved before my time), but I
couldn't figure out who's actually using this bot now, or who is
responsible for monitoring its actions. Because it sure seems like
nobody is looking.

Fabio