On 21. 06. 21 11:48, Ankur Sinha wrote:
I don't think there's a policy against this, but apart from podman, I
cannot recall seeing maintainers/dev teams give karma to their own
packages' updates.  I don't think that works---the idea of Bodhi is to
allow ample opportunity for*others*  to test the update, no? If
maintainers smoke test, push updates, and then again give karma based on
the smoke test, they're hardly likely to catch issues?

For the record: I do that with the alternate Pythons. If a teammate pushes a bodhi update I've already reviewed during the pull request process, I karma it up to expedite it to stable.

(OTOH For the "main" Python version, we intentionally set the karma limits high enough to prevent "LGTM" karma pushing the the update to stable even before it reaches testing.)

--
Miro Hrončok