On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 12:55 PM Demi Marie Obenour
<demioben...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/9/21 12:45 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 12:42 PM Demi Marie Obenour
> > <demioben...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> This is also a security problem: consider a 0day exploit found in the wild.
> >>
> >> Should the FF builds be given more resources?  Does Mozilla provide a
> >> signed
> >> Flatpak that could be used instead?
> >>

> > Security is not worth anything if the application doesn't work. We
> > don't ship updates immediately to users after they're built *no matter
> > what*. They go through the update manager (Bodhi) to get validated for
> > release.
>
> There are users (such as myself) who have the equivalent of
>
> $ sudo dnf -y --best --refresh --enablerepo=updates-testing --security --
> upgrade
> $ sudo dnf -y --best -- upgrade
>
> in their update scripts.

So then you'll get it after your mirror synchronizes after a push to
testing (which happens at midnight UTC every night). As soon as a
build is submitted to Bodhi successfully, it is queued to be pushed to
testing in the *next* push.

> Also, could the Fedora project itself perform at least
> basic QA for critical security patches?

Who do you think is the "Fedora Project"? It's us in the community!

> > Two days for builds is not great, but it's not the end of the world.
> > Would it be nice if we had more powerful builders? Sure. But it still
> > would take a minimum of 2 days for something to go out since it needs
> > to get pushed, pass tests, and get karma to autopush to stable
> > releases.
>
> Can the Firefox build be distributed among multiple machines?

We'd need icecream[1] support enabled in Koji. I am not even sure Mock
(the build engine) supports icecream right now.

[1]: https://github.com/icecc/icecream