On Thu, 9 Sep 2021 12:42:09 -0400
Demi Marie Obenour <demioben...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/8/21 10:49 PM, Bojan Smojver via devel wrote:
> > Just being devil's advocate for a second here...
> >
> > Two days to build FF in koji? Has it gotten that big or are the
> > builds that slow?
> >
> > <duck/> :-)
>
> This is also a security problem: consider a 0day exploit found in the
> wild.
>
> Should the FF builds be given more resources?  Does Mozilla provide a
> signed Flatpak that could be used instead?

If you absolutely required a security fix, you could get the latest
nightly build from mozilla.org and run it from outside the system
directories.  If you always want the latest firefox you could build
the latest nightly from a source repository locally (takes about 90
minutes here on a not very powerful machine) and install it in
usr/local. Needs lots of development packages installed.

For integration and no worry, the fedora package is the way to go for
most people.  The issue here is rare in fedora in my experience (that
an exploit is revealed before fedora has it fixed in its repositories).