On 24/02/2022 16:28, Tom Hughes wrote:
On 24/02/2022 16:25, Cole Robinson wrote:
On 2/23/22 5:22 PM, Tom Hughes via devel wrote:
On 23/02/2022 21:23, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:

a) change libvirt-daemon-driver-storage
Requires:libvirt-daemon-driver-storage-iscsi
     to Suggests:libvirt-daemon-driver-storage-iscsi,

More generally why does installing libvirt neeed to force
installation of about ten storage drivers and all their
dependencies - why can't the user choose to remove some of
the more obscure ones?

libvirt has a modularized packaging split. libvirt-daemon-driver-storage
pulls in every possible storage driver + lib that libvirt can use. Or
you can install libvirt-daemon-driver-storage-XXX individual sub
packages to get only the bits your app will use.

I was basing what I said on the fact that trying to remove
libvirt-daemon-driver-storage-iscsi wanted to remove the whole
of libvirt on my machine:

Ah but that is mostly auto clean.

Though libvirt-daemon-kvm is a dependency as you say and
don't I need that to run any kvm based vm?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/