On Thu, 2022-04-21 at 13:32 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 10:10 AM Adam Jackson <a...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 6:06 PM Kevin Kofler via devel
> > <devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> > > IMHO, it is not acceptable to remove the vesa driver without having
> > > something like uvesafb to replace it.
> >
> > I like how I'm being told _not_ to find out where the remaining bugs
> > are in our native drivers, and instead preserve something awful for
> > eternity.
>
> Turns out the support story is less bad than I thought, the simpledrm
> change was more powerful than I knew. I've updated the change again
> but the short story is vga= on kcmdline will give you just as good of
> support as UEFI framebuffer.

If we can do the "make basic graphics mode do vga=ask and then write
the chosen config to the installed system bootloader" thing, then that
sounds sufficient to me. That will require co-ordination with the
anaconda team, though (and I think with bcl to get the necessary
changes into the image bootloader configurations).

Thanks for looking into it!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA