On 5/10/22 06:29, Ben Cotton wrote:
According to developers, the non-portbale JDK is  causing upredicted
behavior different from other JDK vendors

Similar to what Kevin has mentioned, I've also been using the Fedora openjdk builds for work for many years with no issues in a very large project.

I have tried searching around and I can't find what this certification requirement is. openjdk only says that you have to mostly using their sources. The Java trademark requirement is harder to find and I only found some old mentions. Do you have a reference?

Do you really need to test every build before it's released? I can't imagine that every little change needs a full test run. Can you instead run tests as time is available? I don't even really see that we're calling it "Java" as opposed to just openjdk and I haven't seen the Java logo anywhere.