On 10/11/22 15:17, Stephen Smoogen wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 at 07:54, Panu Matilainen <pmati...@redhat.com <mailto:pmati...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    On 10/10/22 10:15, Jaroslav Mracek wrote:
     > Please can you be more specific which kind of functionality is
    required for particular command? Why is it important to know what
    user case you want to resolve it? Commands has multiple options and
    some of them could be unused. Specially repoquery has tons of
    options. Knowing critical usercase will help us a lot to not only
    provide the same option but to improve DNF5 behavior in comparison
    to DNF4.

     > I recommend to create for each user case or command an issue -
    https://github.com/rpm-software-management/dnf5/issues
    <https://github.com/rpm-software-management/dnf5/issues>. Please
    provide as much as possible information to understand the user case
    to be able to set a proper priority.

    The mission of repoquery is basically to provide scriptable access to
    all available repository metadata. That necessarily involves helluva
    many switches, added over time to address all manner of use-cases.
    Don't
    assume anything is there just for giggles.

Maybe it makes sense to put it just as a dedicated command like I thought it was until 'recently (*cough* sorry N years ago *cough*)'.

Yup. There were more than one reason for it to be a dedicated utility originally.

        - Panu -