On Wed, Nov 2, 2022 at 11:11 AM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 02. 11. 22 10:48, Ondrej Pohorelsky wrote:
> > Thanks, that did the trick!

I concur.
With setuptools_rust, you're pretty much already set up, just look at
whatever python-cryptography is doing.

Sadly the other popular build tool for Rusty Python packages (maturin)
will take a while to get packaged for Fedora ...

> > The only problem is, that one of the other dependencies which I haven't
> > caught
> > before is not packaged in Fedora.
> > So I guess there is no other way than vendor all dependencies or package the
> > missing dependency myself.
>
> Let's package it. The Rust SIG will usually help co-maintain it.

Yes. Option 3: Ask a member of the Rust SIG to help you.
You don't need to be an expert Rust packager just because one of your
projects starts to include / depend on Rust code.
If you actually post the name of the crate that's missing from Fedora,
I will look into packaging it for you.

Fabio