On 2023-02-19 04:19, Reindl Harald (privat) wrote:
Am 19.02.23 um 00:26 schrieb Gordon Messmer:

*: I have to guess that this mariadb-libs package "Provides: libmysqlclient.so.18()(64bit)"... please tell me if you mean something else.

is explained the point is "mariadb-connector-c"

Then, I'm afraid I don't understand.  The dependency generator change should not impact existing Provides/Obsoletes specs that reference package names.  Your example should continue to work as it does today.  The mariadb-connector-c package does provide a library, but that library uses versioned symbols, so the new ELF dependency generator will generate the same output that it does today, for both the library that the package provides and for anything linked against it.

If you have questions about the change, the most helpful thing for me would be an example of a package with either a requirement or dependency in the form of "Requires: libz.so.1()(64bit)" or "Provides: libz.so.1()(64bit)"