On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 11:35:15AM +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 at 11:33, Jonathan Wakely <jwak...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 at 10:49, Richard W.M. Jones <rjo...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > boost 1.81.0 (side tag f39-boost) was merged into Fedora earlier this
> > > week:
> > >
> > >   https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1074
> > >
> > > These are the builds in the side tag:
> > >

> > > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/builds?inherited=0&tagID=63053&order=-build_id&latest=1
> > >
> > > However I think some packages didn't get rebuilt.  Definitely
> > > systemtap, which causes this problem with qemu:
> > >
> > >   https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/package/qemu?collection=f39
> > >
> > >   - nothing provides libboost_system.so.1.78.0()(64bit) needed by
> > > systemtap-devel-4.8-2.fc38.x86_64
> > >
> > > Possibly ceph, causing:
> > >
> > >   https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/package/virt-v2v?collection=f39
> > >   https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/package/libguestfs?collection=f39
> > >
> > >   - nothing provides libboost_thread.so.1.78.0()(64bit) needed by
> > > librados2-2:17.2.5-11.fc39.x86_64
> > >   - nothing provides libboost_iostreams.so.1.78.0()(64bit) needed by
> > > librados2-2:17.2.5-11.fc39.x86_64
> > >
> > > There's a comment in the current ceph package saying that it's
> > > incompatible with boost 1.81 so they've switched back to the bundled
> > > copy.  However we still don't have an installable package.
> > >
> > > I think systemtap needs to be added to the list of packages that
> > > depend on boost for next time.  The systemtap spec file is a maze of
> > > twisty RPM macros all alike, so perhaps whatever script is used to
> > > check for things requiring boost got confused:
> > >

> > > https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/systemtap/blob/rawhide/f/systemtap.spec
> >
> > systemtap is already in the list (and I bumped the spec file for it
> > before Tom started the rebuilds).
> >
> > It didn't get rebuilt because it depends on dyninst, which is FTBFS
> > with GCC 13 due to header changes (I think fche has a fix pending).
> >
> > Once dyninst has been rebuilt, then systemtap can be rebuilt.
>
> FWIW the list of packages to rebuild for Boost is obtained using this
> command, which I ran on Monday just before the rebuilds started:
>
> dnf repoquery -s --releasever=rawhide --whatrequires libboost\*
> --repo=fedora | sed -n 's/-[[:digit:]].*//p' | grep -v '^boost$' |
> sort -u
>
> If there's something wrong with that, we can change it.

Thanks & I think that's correct.

Do you know anything about what's happening with Ceph?

I don't think we need to rebuild any of the virt packages -- hopefully
once systemtap and ceph are fixed it should just work -- but I can do
that if necessary.

Rich.

nbdkit - Flexible, fast NBD server with plugins
https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/nbdkit