On Tue, 9 May 2023 at 10:22, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbys...@in.waw.pl> wrote:
> This is both too much and not enough.

Right; and I think a different Fedora feature proposal would be a good
idea for the version of Fedora when we switch to UKIs. Where we can
just have /boot/efi and not /boot -- but that's not what this proposal
is about. This is primarily to keep firmware updates working, and as a
secondary measure maybe more people can test UKIs. I don't want this
simple feature of "unbreak future firmware updates" to become
"completely rework how we boot the system".

> (Point 2. is not really *necessary* for the size changes, but it'd be
> nice to get rid of this anachronism if this area is being touched.)

I think that's fine -- but I don't think the onus should be on me to
push it through. Like I said to Lennart, if you want to do a Fedora
proposal to rework all this stuff to remove /boot that's fine, but
please don't hijack this one and make me responsible for doing the
work.

Richard