On Wed, May 10, 2023 at 02:25:07PM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Wed, 10 May 2023 at 11:55, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
> <zbys...@in.waw.pl> wrote:
> > Especially not by making some small change contingent on moonshot proposals.
> > But I think that a) the current proposal is just a band-aid, and
> > b) to make things better we don't need to make huge changes.
>
> Okay, please open a _new_ change proposal with what you want to
> happen: expanding the scope like you suggest feels like me getting
> tricked to work on your much bigger change that's not terribly
> well-defined or tested.
>
> > ...Anaconda needs to *lose* a feature where it
> > refuses VFAT for /boot [1], the various places which create partitions
> > need to be modified to inject the right partition-type UUID instead of
> > made-up one, and instead of creating two partitions with different fs
> > types, create just one. None of this is rocket science.
>
> Perhaps you'd like to push this feature. I'd happily retract my
> smaller proposal if you've got patches ready for anaconda, have tested
> this on all platforms, and have all the votes.

I'm adding some folks who made some recent Anaconda commits in CC.
For reference, the mail I'm replying to is at [1], and my earlier
proposal is at [2].

Would you be open to modifying Anaconda like this?
I think the code changes would be fairly easy, and I would be happy
to prepare a patch, but I don't want to do this if there's no chance
of it being accepted.

[1]
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/message/GCIOR4CRMYYMWPT7ZVVPNO5Y4SDUKAKG/
[2]