On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 12:47 PM Neal Gompa <ngomp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I actually would prefer that we color both, and make it obvious that
> "root" is special. We should account for common color-blindness
> issues, though.

Sure, I think I agree: perhaps purple for root?

I am all for "color blind testing" (though I am not completely sure that
"color-blind" is the right term here
though I am not an a11y expert - I thought color blind is more about
differentiating different colors like green and red,
but if you mean visual impairment/contrast/readability then I completely
agree).
I think in the end it will come down also to wider user testing since there
are so many different terminals
and color palettes around.

Anyway that's why I proposed green since it seems to have reasonable
contrast for both light and dark terminals (unlike blue/cyan/yellow often).
I assume that may also be why Ubuntu and Nixos went with green.

Jens