Marián Konček wrote:
> AFAIK Gnome Terminal is the only terminal that uses white background by
> default. To my knowledge, all the other terminals use black background.

If you can get *all* the terminal emulators amended so that users can
configure the prompt color in the same dialog box where they configure
the background and text colors, and also get that configuration to take
effect across SSH, even between different operating systems, *only then*
is it somewhat reasonable to expect users to also choose another prompt
color when they set the background color.

As long as the prompt is configured in a completely different place
than the background, and separately on each server, the prompt must be
readable by default on both light and dark backgrounds.

Björn Persson