On Sat, Jun 10, 2023 at 4:36 PM Kevin Kofler via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Considering that Fedora buildroots always get killed off within days of the
> EOL, I do not see why you are keeping epel-6 buildroots active 2½ years (!)
> after its EOL.

Well, EL6 ELS support is still available for (around)
another year, so it is a nice to have to support those
limping along with EL6, but I would generally agree
with the principal that if supporting a product past
official EOL becomes overly onerous that support
should end, or be explicitly funded out of the ELS
fees if the ELS community needs that support.

I do not consider setting gpgcheck=0 overly
onerous for EPEL6, but I do think we should
want to avoid such actions becoming the
expected behavior for the next time (and there
will be a next time), where the workarounds
might require a much bigger effort.