On Tue, 13 Jun 2023 at 08:21, Kevin Kofler via devel <
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> > Well, EL6 ELS support is still available for (around)
> > another year, so it is a nice to have to support those
> > limping along with EL6, but I would generally agree
> > with the principal that if supporting a product past
> > official EOL becomes overly onerous that support
> > should end, or be explicitly funded out of the ELS
> > fees if the ELS community needs that support.
>
> EPEL is not covered by ELS, hence EPEL is already EOL.
>
> If we are going to support distros that had their EOL 2½ years ago, I want
> my Fedora 31 to 36 buildroots back! (Fedora 31 had its EOL only 6 days
> before EPEL 6, Fedora 32 to 36 had theirs more recently.)

I am in agreement with Kevin on this. While there are people who might
still want to build for their EL6 systems (including myself *cough*), I
think there is a point where its usage of the COPR project's limited
resources. If you really need to build stuff against end of life releases,
then one needs to do the work themselves or join together with other people
who can help pay for those resources.

--
Stephen Smoogen, Red Hat Automotive
Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.