I have noticed that uw-imap is no longer in the Fedora repo and that the
last was F33. I like it far better than the other options because it is
the IMAP server that best "does one things and does it well." It also
requires the least amount of configuration and it just works so it also
meets the KISS test.

I am willing to take it on to fix the problems that prevent it being
properly built and to ensure that it continues to be available for
future Fedora releases.

I can take the F33 RPM, and a couple libs from F33, install them on F38
and it works very well. So I know that much. Hopefully it will be as
simple as getting it to build and packaging it.

My objectives are in sequence:

1. Fork uw-imap and give it a new name. I would keep the current
"provides" as uw-mail for compatibility.

2. Get it to build and install along with xinetd which is still
required for it.

3. Migrate it to systemd as quickly as possible.

4. Learn a lot!

5. Don't change anything else unless absolutely necessary. That means no
new "features."

6. Fix any newly encountered bugs.

7. Build a small team to keep it going in the future.

If anyone has an interest in being part of the small team, please
let me know.

If you have any information at all about the specific problems
that currently keep it from being built, please let me know what those
are and any thoughts you might have about that.

I am looking at the github repo, but is it the best/most recent? I will
try to figure out how to take that over and will go from there.

Any comments, pointers, and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

David P. Both, RHCE
He/Him/His
www.both.org - My personal web site
www.Linux-Databook.info - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both