On Fri, Jul 21, 2023 at 2:03 AM Kevin Kofler via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Ben Cotton wrote:
> > This will be helpful to people who aren't regularly involved in FESCo
> > votes. If that's you: the proposal presented here is largely
> > clarification. There's not much in the way of substance change.
>
> Actually, it changes existing practice in that it changes the meaning of the
> "0" vote.

Thanks for pointing that out. You're right, that part does represent a
change in substance, but in a relatively rare case, which is why I
said "not much". (I have a sense that the current rule wasn't
consistently applied during my time as FPgM, but I don't want to do
the archaeology to find out.)

To be fully transparent, the reason I said that at all was to mitigate
potential "FESCo voting rules are changing in the next big step
towards IBM's destruction of all things community" FUD. It's been a
silly enough time to be online the last few months already.

--
Ben Cotton (he/him)
TZ=America/Indiana/Indianapolis