OOn Thu, 14 Sept 2023, 18:01 Adam Williamson, <adamw...@fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2023-09-14 at 14:50 +0200, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 2:42 PM Colin Walters <walt...@verbum.org>
> wrote:

> hosted
> we
> while

> plan, and
> > >
> > > FWIW I interact with pagure rarely enough that it is somewhat painful
> to context switch each time.  I accept having to deal with both github and
> gitlab, but going from 2 to 3 has a real cost, particularly around things
> like CI systems.
> >
> > Switch GitLab and Pagure in that statement and I could say the exact
> same thing.
> >
> > Personally, I find the Pagure UI (and GitHub) to be much cleaner and
> > easier to navigate than the UX mess that is GitLab ...
> > I even find fully FOSS alternatives like Forgejo (Codeberg) *much*
> > easier to use than GitLab.
>
> UI is one thing, but Colin's not wrong about CI.
>
> Love Github or hate it, Github Actions is a pretty strong CI
> implementation that is very easy to set up. I haven't personally set up
> CI for a Gitlab repo yet, but I believe it's also relatively simple
> there.

At the risk of being controversial and a voice of the minority, I think
using GitHub would be beneficial for the Fedora project. In practice
already most of packagers have to use GitHub to collaborate with upstream
so it wouldn't  be a tool to learn. But where, GitHub would be really
beneficial IMO is for making our work more visible and reachable to attract
new contributors. It is also worth to mention that other distros close to
Fedora like Alma Linux or Rocky Linux are using GitHub for their
development and it doesn't seems to be a problem.