On Tue, 31 Oct 2023 16:23:41 +0100
Petr Pisar <ppi...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I would would like to hear your opinion: Should DNF5 start verifying
> all packages? Should DNF5 keep ignoring signatures for
> out-of-repository packages? Or should rather narrow the verification
> skip to packages from a local file system? Any other options?

I build a local kernel from the src.rpm, and install it with

dnf -C install [etc.]

I never see this warning (dnf4).  Would I start
seeing it with dnf5?  It is easy enough to add the --no-gpgchecks
option if it is required, and it seems like a good reminder that the
package being installed might be a security risk.  Though, in my
specific case, that isn't true if the fedora src.rpm is valid.  A
pretty safe bet.