On Thu, 2023-11-23 at 20:40 +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Mattia Verga via devel:
>
> > Il 23/11/23 16:40, Florian Weimer ha scritto:
> > > I've got an update that I don't see pushed to stable.  How do I make
> > > sure that doesn't happen?
> > >
> > > As it's for rawhide, I didn't create the Bodhi update, and I don't see
> > > an option to delete it.
> > >
> > There's no option to delete Bodhi updates. It can only be done by
> > hacking the database directly, but it is usually never necessary.
> >
> > I assume you're referring to
> > https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2023-13783978e8. That
> > update will never be pushed to stable, since it is gated by failed
> > tests.
>
> Half a dozen people can waive those tests, and there have been incorrect
> waivers before. 8-/
>
> I just want to make sure the update  doesn't proceed because I'm not
> entirely confident that the fix I have is logically correct.

If we can get two more people to -1 it, Bodhi should obsolete/unpush it

As Mattia said, it's intentional that there's no option to *delete* an
update. We don't want history to disappear. But it does seem like
there's a workflow problem here. It would be useful for maintainers to
have the ability to put an update in a state from which it cannot be
pushed stable by karma or autopush (only by the maintainer or a
provenpackager changing the state again). For regular release updates
the maintainer can at least "unpush" them, though I'm not sure this
fully achieves the goal. For Rawhide updates it looks like you can't
even do that, which is awkward. I'd say it's probably worth filing a
Bodhi issue for this...
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA