Ondrej Pohorelsky <opoho...@redhat.com> writes:

> I've removed cron.allow from my PR[0] and reverted to cron.deny approach.
> As this was the only disputed change in these PRs so far, I plan on merging
> both of them into rawhide at the end of this week.
> However, if you see any issue with merging this "middle ground" change,
> feel free to discuss.

```
- %attr(4755,root,root) %{_bindir}/crontab
+ %attr(600,root,root) %{_bindir}/crontab
```

From
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fedora/latest/system-administrators-guide/monitoring-and-automation/Automating_System_Tasks/

"""
To create a crontab as a specific user, login as that user and type the
command crontab -e to edit the user’s crontab with the editor specified
in the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variable.
"""

If you want to change this you should push the change via Fedora
Change process so it's clearly announced and documented.