Hi,

On 1/30/24 12:15, Michael J Gruber wrote:
Marek Kasik venit, vidit, dixit 2024-01-30 12:02:34:
Hi,

I plan to rebase poppler to 24.02.0 once it is released. It will be
probably released this week and I would like to get it to rawhide before
the branching together with rebuilds of dependent packages.

I'll prepare the build in a side tag and will message relevant
maintainers to rebuild their packages there.

The packages which will need rebuilds:
   calligra
   gambas3
   gdal
   gdcm
   inkscape
   kf5-kitinerary
   libreoffice
   pdf2djvu
   scribus

That list is surprisingly short. For example, poppler-glib requires a
specific poppler version, and via poppler-glib-devel that affects more
packages (zathura-pdf-poppler comes to my mind).

Does libpoppler-glib stay at the same soname and "absorb" all poppler
changes behind its ABI?

yes, libpoppler-glib and other front-ends are stable so they'll stay on their sonames. The soname which is going to be changed is soname of the core library which is not stable. The packages mentioned above uses the core library directly so we have to keep the unstable API available.

I'm sorry for not explaining this in the original message.

Michael

Regards
Marek