Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
> However, if the breakage could happen only one way, e.g. a KDE Plasma
> update will possibly break -x11 packages, but no -x11 package could
> break the "official" Wayland implementation, I'm for allowing the -x11
> packages in the main repos. I see no other reason why FESCO should block
> -x11 packages in the main repo, if a software is under an allowed
> license and doesn't harm the main system we should not refuse its
> packaging.

By their nature, I do not see how the -x11 packages can possibly break the
Wayland implementation. To do so, they would have to be either required or
recommended by, or supplement or obsolete one of the "official" packages
(because otherwise, users of the "official" packages will not have or get
those packages even installed at all, as, at the latest, the upgrade to
Fedora 40 will have obsoleted them). That is not currently the case (neither
the Requires/Recommends scenario nor the Supplements/Obsoletes one), and I
do not see that ever changing, as that would require a major blunder or a
deliberate sabotage act by one of the involved parties. And then it would
take an additional blunder for the package that gets accidentally installed
to actually break something (except in the Obsoletes case if it accidentally
obsoletes an essential package).

        Kevin Kofler