On fredag 9. februar 2024 18:28:15 CET Neal Gompa wrote:
> The difference is that we can actually do something about those issues
> with Plasma Wayland when people report them. *Tons* of these kinds of
> issues were fixed over the past 3 years, and Plasma 6 brings a huge
> upgrade around this stuff too. And the whole graphics pipeline is
> fully under the control of KDE Plasma, so we can do things we've never
> done before. That's why we can do VRR, HDR, VR, mixed-DPI, fractional
> scaling, and so much more.

Nobody is saying that this is not awesome stuff but as of today, on some
hardware, Wayland is not a great experience.

I just booted Fedora-KDE-Live-x86_64-Rawhide-20240207.n.0.iso
First impression is great but I’ll start moving(fast) the welcome center
window around and the desktop randomly freezes from 30sec to 90ses.

This is on a 1080 with nouveau, im not sure if its better with the proprietary
drivers.