W dniu 9.02.2024 o 20:25, Roy Bekken pisze:
I just booted Fedora-KDE-Live-x86_64-Rawhide-20240207.n.0.iso First
impression is great but I’ll start moving(fast) the welcome center window around and the desktop randomly freezes from 30sec to 90ses.

This is on a 1080 with nouveau, im not sure if its better with the
proprietary drivers.

NVidia 10xx is the worst option for nouveau.

It is too new to have reclocking support (NVidia never released blobs/code for it for this generation).

And it is too old to use new GSP based approach where you run tens of megabytes of blob and use nouveau on top of it.

For 1080 the only option is proprietary driver. With all problems it generates.

I had 1050 Ti. Sold it, moved to Radeon 6700 XT. Wayland works, X11 works, Cyberpunk 2077 works (both under Linux and Windows).