Hello Rich,

> There's also the issue that liblzma is widely used and offers specific
> features which zstd does not[1].
>
> [1] https://github.com/facebook/zstd/issues/395#issuecomment-535875379

Is that about this?

https://github.com/facebook/zstd/tree/dev/contrib/seekable_format

From a Distro decision viewpoint does an alternative like ZSTD have to solve
all the problems XZ does to be considered?
Even if it solves a bunch of other problems? Like the 'many eyes' one?

My old manager was always quoting about "Analysis Paralysis" and "Don't let the
perfect be the enemy of the good".

I'm no expert on this for sure but it seems that changing what CAN be changed
has some value.  And dealing with the rest when you can.

So I'm just curious what "Good enough" looks like to act on something for
Fedora ?

Cheers!

 Arnie