Am 11.06.24 um 14:52 schrieb Sérgio Basto:
On Tue, 2024-06-04 at 14:26 +0200, Jiri Konecny wrote:
On 04. 06. 24 5:39, Ian Laurie via devel wrote:
On 6/1/24 1:04 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Fri, 2024-05-31 at 13:36 +0200, Jiri Konecny wrote:
To my knowledge it shouldn't be. Fedora Workstation is already
running
on Wayland by default for quite some time and even Live ISO is
already
Wayland. To my knowledge Wayland don't have issues with
graphics cards
in general.

GNOME has a fallback mechanism where it automatically runs the
X.org
session if the Wayland session doesn't work. I believe that is
active
on the live image. Of course, as telemetry is evil, we have
absolutely
no idea how many Fedora users actually hit this mechanism.

One comment I would make is that VirtualBox doesn't *properly*
support
Wayland [yet] requiring GNOME to be run as an Xorg session (of
course
not an issue for Xfce etc).

If Anaconda is to be Wayland, my concern is that it may make all
DEs
uninstallable, even ones like Xfce far removed from Wayland.

You should be able to install from Live ISO which we are not
modifying
(depends on environment set by SIG owners). However, we won't support
X11 together with Wayland on boot.iso. That would be hard to achieve
given to the big amount of changes we are required to do now to
support
Wayland.

If you can't support X11 together with Wayland on boot.iso , why you
want move to Wayland ? it is stupid break Linux user experience just
because Wayland is fancy , what we get with Wayland that we don't get
with X11 ?

Security! Maintained ...

if you need remove X11 to add Wayland, don't do it ! . Don't
break the other Linux user systems . Is difficult understand that you
should not remove components without agreement of everyone ?

Linux should support all kind of hardware, if Wayland don't, you should
provide at least fall backs , and not just ignore the others .

+1, the user base is diverse, so should the solutions.

The removal of X11 from KDE , just because KDE SIG decide without
consent of many members of Fedora which contribute to Fedora KDE ,
should not be acceptable .

Waste my energy discussing things that should be obvious , make me
think if I still should contribute to this project.

You should - this issue is only a tiny part of the whole project.
Its a great project with great people.

Like Linus says "DON'T BREAK THE USER SPACE"

Its easy to say that when walking only in kernel space.

--
Leon