Dear all,
about 18 month ago I became a Fedora packager, a completely new experience for me,
since then I also became a Debian packager.
My goal at the time was to package my software atomes and benefit from amazing officials
channels of the open source community.
As soon as I started this process I decided to document it, first let's be honest I would not be able to remember everything, but also and mostly I wanted to help others to do the same. I work in public research where many people know how to write code, but do not how to share it,
so I wanted to help to improve that situation.

I am pleased to release this document today at:

https://github.com/Slookeur/OPEN

You will find there the sources (I am a LaTeX person) and the latest PDF.
The document covers as much as I could do it the entire process from building systems, git, hosting platform, and finally packaging (Fedora and Debian mainly, but I also give a quick look to Flatpack and Appimage).

I hope you find this document useful, feel free to share it, feel free to adapt it: open source is the way !

Finally I had tremendous help along the way:

Among the Fedora community, my Fedora mentor: Alexander Ploumistos thank you !
Among the Debian community, my Debian mentor: Pierre Gruet thank you !

Sébastien

Dr. Sébastien Le Roux
Ingénieur de Recherche CNRS
Institut de Physique et Chimie des Matériaux de Strasbourg
Département des Matériaux Organiques
23, rue du Loess
BP 43
F-67034 Strasbourg Cedex 2, France