On Mon, Jul 15, 2024 at 11:53:38PM -0000, Frank R Dana Jr. wrote:
> I do not envy you this work. The documentation fallout alone... a quick and
> dirty scan of only the man pages that happen to be *currently installed* on
> my F40 system reveals that 487 / 2673 man pages in section 8 contain the
> string 'sbin' somewhere in the troff source.

All those paths will continue to work and there is no pressing need to
adjust them.

In fact, the first example you quoted shows this nicely:
> sys-utils/rtcwake.8.adoc

This page talks about "/sbin/shutdown", which has really been
"/usr/sbin/shutdown" for ~14 years on Fedora systems. At some
point it'll actually be "/usr/bin/shutdown", but the man page
remains as valid as it was.

Zbyszek