On Tue, Jul 23, 2024, 6:38 PM Kevin Kofler via devel <
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> > #3242 Change: Opt-In Metrics for Fedora Workstation
> > https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/3242
> > APPROVED (+6, 0, 0)
>
> And this one is yet another case of FESCo rubberstamping a change without
> even any dissenting vote despite loads of negative mailing list feedback.
> really wonder what we give feedback for at all if FESCo OKs any and all
> changes (except ones that propose to replace GNOME as the default desktop
> environment) anyway.

FESCo is an elected body.  If people aren't happy with how they are being
represented, I would encourage them to find candidates they feel will
represent their interests better and get them to run for election.

If they feel that isn't feasible for whatever reason, then I can only
suggest they really think about what they value and whether they feel the
project is headed in a direction that matches those values.  If not, they
should consider if there's another productive way to change things or if
their time and energy is being spent on something that benefits them.

Kevin, you've been in Fedora for as long as I have and that's a very long
time.  If you still value Fedora as a project and are simply expressing
dissent with a subset of decisions, then perhaps you can phrase it that way
more clearly.  If you really feel the project isn't being represented well
at this point, then why are you still here?  I don't particularly want to
see you go, but I struggle to think of any posts in recent memory that I'd
phrase as positive.

josh