On 01/24/2012 05:17 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
when i see that services which was not converted to systemd
needs features which were not available with the systemd
of F15 this is a clear sign that systemd was NOT ready for
a GA release

That missing feature is "PathExistsGlob=", isn't it?
So the solution is easy - just have cups.service start the classical way: by pulling it into the default target. Cups worked without path-based activation when it was a SysV service and it can work just the same as a native service.

so updates should make it ready for GA

how do you imagine that even maintainers could have
converted services for the F15 release with a
non-finished systemd-version?

I am amazed at the sophistry of the argument.

We sometimes add new features to systemd that service writers might find convenient to use in their unit files. I guess that does make systemd "non-finished" when interpreted literally. What follows from that when it comes to suitability for a release? Absolutely nothing.

Michal