----- "Genes MailLists" <li...@sapience.com> wrote:

>   Possibly - but without the support from at least some of the Fedora
> core team (fesco, board, key redhatters etc) and possibly some on the
> RH
> business side recognizing some potential benefit in the enterprise
> setting, this is quite likely not to go too far .. and so far I'm not
> aware of much support for this ..
>
>   This can of course be because these key folk, after careful
> consideration,  do not see it as a viable choice to make for Fedora
> and/or ultimately its impact on RHEL.
>
>   They are, after all, key players for good reason(s) ... I cannot
> imagine they are not familiar with the pros/cons of such an approach.
>
>   The benefits/drawbacks of a rolling release are rather well known
> these days (notwithstanding those that somehow still believe rawhide
> is
> a rolling release .. :-) )...
>
>    Given that, do folks still believe it could be worthwhile for the
> rolling-releasers to build a case in a wiki somewhere?

Gene, forgive me while I go off on a slight tangent forking the thread.

I do not thing it is worthwhile for them to do so. There may already be a
document somewhere on the wiki on this topic. It will never be found because
since the day mediawiki was rolled out there has not been a usable search. I
would think that taking a look at existing infrastructure tickets such as the
one for getting a usable search for the wiki would be time better spent than
writing more pages for the black hole that the wiki has become or dreaming
about something that has been shot down repeatedly.

-- Bob