----- Original Message -----
> On 01/30/2012 07:56 AM, Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:

Yes, this is exactly what we are doing - we are carrying the patches that we
made so that we can make things better from Fedora point of view. So what is
the problem here? :)

> > For example, people from Debian/Ubuntu install Gems under
> > /var/lib/gems [2],  which doesn't really make sense to us.
> Could you elaborate why you are saying so? I am not sufficiently
> familiar with ruby, but it could be a "quick hack" which at least
> could
> help to some extend.

We tend to see rubygems as libraries, that can be shared among systems, not
variable data (as considered by Debian/Ubuntu packagers [1]). Therefore we
place them into /usr rather than into /var according to FHS.

--
Regards,
Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.

[1] http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=566