On 03/20/2012 11:50 AM, Chris Adams wrote:
Okay, but how many ARM servers are in widespread use?  For the resources
required as a primary arch, there should be a large expected user base.
The first sentence of the detailed description on the feature page is
"ARM processors are the most popular CPUs in the world." but that is
entirely irrelevant if you aren't targeting a significant number of
those CPUs.

Believe me, I want to target those CPUs, but no single proposal can include all the steps necessary to get there. Think of ARM-on-primary as the first of many steps designed to get us there. If you've ever climbed a mountain you'll know that the trick getting to the top is to put one foot in front of the other. This is just a step along the way.

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / b...@redhat.com