> > That is a good idea that can be probably implemented very easily.
> >
> > However, what is the benefit over a persistent button in the top
> > panel?
>
> I believe its adequately provides a solution to meet all constraints
> so far expressed in this discussion.
>
> 1) Notice on login with buttons!
> 2) Automatically hides itself after a few seconds and gets the hell
> out of the way if you don't want to do an install and really do want
> to use this live environment.
> 3) Does not change the delivered UI by adding a new static element
> that is Fedora install specific.
> 4) Available in the overview as a reminder until dismissed..allowing
> for delayed install action.

Doesn't it block any other notifications being displayed? Or won't subsequent
notifications hide it?

If we can keep it displayed until manually dismissed and it won't block any
other notifications to pop up, then it seems like a good solution. Otherwise
persistent button appeals me more, because it's just there, not running away,
you don't need to care why it disappeared and how you can find it again.

Design-led software is a nice thing, but up to certain point. Designers did not
envision this use case and did not offer any solution. And I'm not surprised.
It's a one-time process, so it has to be one-time tweaked.