Quoting Michael Schwendt (2012-04-26 18:36:51)
> So, what has been proposed before (years ago even) is for advanced
> packagers (aka "provenpackagers" or experienced packagers) to lower the
> hurdle and trust them more in that they know their stuff.  They would not
> need to wait for somebody else (possibly a fresh packager) to
> review'n'approve a package or just its licensing. It's considered
> ridiculous by some that "senior packagers" still need approval for
> even simple new packages or package renames.

I am a provenpackager and I would be *extremely* dissapointed if this
came to become a reality. Package review is a good thing, no matter how
skilled the packager is. I have packaged quite a few packages, mostly
Java ones (65 to be exact) and I still make mistakes! Guidelines change,
people miss things (such as bundling, licensing issues, wrong
permissions, etc.). I will put it bluntly: getting rid of package
reviews would be an incredibly stupid thing to do.

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotni...@redhat.com>

PGP: 7B087241