On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Bruno Wolff III <br...@wolff.to> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 14:49:25 +0200,
>  Nikola Pajkovsky <npajk...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>

>> imo, kernel maintainers should have released 3.3.8 or 3.4.1, not 3.4.0
>> for f17
>

> 3.4.2 is available, though the last I checked the build hadn't been pushed
> to testing. I don't know if that is an oversight or if they didn't feel the
> kernel was suitable for releasing.

I believe it's a matter of getting caught up.  There are at least 2
more patches added after the 3.4.2 build that should probably get
included in the next update.

> The 3.4 kernels were being tested in rawhide before it was released to f17
> and at least of us weren't seeing any regressions with them. So there was
> reason to believe they would work for people without problems.

Yes, that is true.  However it also speaks to the extremely small usage
of rawhide and the relative lack of variety in both test hardware and
setups.  I have no magical solutions to those problems.  We simply need
more people testing rawhide kernels in general.

josh