On 04/19/2013 06:57 PM, Tom Callaway wrote:
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:17:09AM -0400, Tom Callaway wrote:
%global _changelog_trimtime %(date +%s -d "1 year ago")

If that actually works, we could make fedpkg set it.

I have just tested this by adding it to a random package that I
maintain, and it appears to work.

The changelog in the RPM I just built is trimmed to 1 year, even
though the spec file contains a much longer changelog.

One possible problem -- maybe it's not -- is that the generated
.src.rpm changelog also gets truncated, but the spec file inside is
intact.

If the spec file is intact, that should be sufficient. I don't think
people are regularly querying changelog info from SRPMs.

Last time, we've had this kind of discussions, people were claiming they were querying changelogs from _binary_ rpms and from installed rpms (rpm -q --changelog)

Ralf