On Sat, 2013-05-04 at 04:58 +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 08:52:25PM -0700, Dan Mashal wrote:
> > On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Matthew Garrett <mj...@srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> > > And if the maintainers feel more than justified in closing it again?
> > > Bugzilla isn't a discussion forum. If disagree with a deliberate policy
> > > decision, discuss it on an appropriate mailing list.
> >
> > Isn't that what we're doing? That's exactly the point of this email thread.
>
> No, this isn't the most appropriate mailing list for the discussion -
> anaconda-devel-list is a better choice if you want to interact with the
> people who actually work on that code.

That is not actually what Dan wanted to do, though. If you read his
mail, his intent was to bring this decision to the awareness of a wider
audience that might have a stake in it. For that purpose, his choice of
this list was entirely appropriate; few people besides anaconda
developers read anaconda-devel-list, so choosing that list would not
have achieved his purpose.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey